Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My Servant

When I was little, I can remember my mother saying to me that I was her slave. That she had children so that she would in fact have slaves. Now, I know she didn't mean this to be true (well mostly). And I have heard other moms refer to their kids as slaves. I think I may have even done it. Turns out, Caitlyn does think she's my slave.

Mom: Cate will you hand mommy her pop from the table?

C: Why can't you get it yourself?

M: Cause I asked you nicely to get it for me and I get things for you when you ask me to.

C: (bringing the can over to me reluctantly) You treat me like a servant!

And of course, the word servant as you and I say it, is not the way the girl says it. If you have ever heard her talk, you would swear that she is from the Bronx. So as the word servant came out of her mouth, I started to laugh hysterically. To which she screamed at me...

"Well you do and I don't like it!"

So now I am just waiting for the opportunity to throw that right back at her the minute she asks me for something ;) (man I need to start being nicer to this kid)

3 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

fucking hilarious, girlie....

Kari said...

This is so funny! My sister and I swore that my parents only had kids so they could have maids! And now that I have to girls, I think its a great idea! I guess every child has these thoughts! LOL!

Mansoor Qaisar said...

amazing & interesting.... keep it...