Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Vocabulary

Our vocabulary is booming these days. And luckily, it's not just with the words that shall not be mentioned. The things that are coming out of this child's mouth the past few weeks is unbelievable to me.

While playing with her doll....
"Look at her hair mommy. Do you like it? Isn't it stylish?"

When telling me about something she did at school....
"We were talking about dinsosaurs. They are extinct now. Do you know what that means mommy? It means there aren't any more here."

In general conversation while telling me about anything.....
"Do you understand that or do youe need me to explain it mom?"

When eating an ice cream last night....
"This is scrumptious mom."

I mean really??? When in the hell did this kid get so smart. And even yet, who is teaching it to her, cause it sure as hell isn't me? Some teacher I am I suppose :P

6 comments:

Kari said...

OMG Nancy it sounds to me that Caitlyn is moving into the stage of her life where she is smarter than her mother. I was just like that, in fact I peaked at 8 (I knew it all). Its been all downhill since then.

What a cutie your little girl is!

Nancy said...

Kari....what do you mean moving into that stage? This child is way smarter than me. God help her teachers.

Cath said...

Thats brilliant Nancy!

Leann said...

It is amazing isn't it?

worry woman said...

That whole stylish thing I bet you came from television...those damn satan barbie dolls...the Bratz ones. I.HATE.THEM. But that is just me. She can't get enough.
She has to hear some of that stuff from you too. I doubt that they are saying scrumptious in school! My child told me the other night that if she didn't get a drink of water she was going to dehydrate. I laughed my ass of then got her some water.
When she says something good...I will say it came from me...if it is bad, I will either blame the television or the bus...she is learning some choice crap on the bus I tell you!

aworkman said...

love it! smarty pants!