Thursday, June 30, 2005

Tomorrow can't come soon enough

So when I leave work tomorrow, I will be off until August 8th. Yes, that's right. I have over a month off of work. It is one of the many perks of working in the educational field. Though I would have rather gotten out when the kids did around June 10th. But I will take what I can get, I am not greedy, and I realize that this stretch of vacation is more than most people see in an entire year. So I won't complain about having my cake and eating it too (cheesecake is now on my mind). Maybe I will grab one of those on the way home, and ditch the child with Auntie Gina for the night and indulge. If that is my plan, then I most definitely need to figure out where to send the husband. As he will really infringe on my indulgences.

So here is a funny thought. On Saturday, I am going to look for bridesmaids dresses with a friend of mine. Know why?? Cause I am going to be a 31 year old bridesmaid in August. Fun? I think not! Want to know what really pisses me off about this whole bridesmaid/wedding bit? I will tell anyway. The girl getting married has 2 children and found out a few weeks ago that she is now pregnant with the third. Now I could care less how many children anyone has. If you are willing to take care of them, have your own baseball team. However, this girl, we'll call her Dawn since that is her name, doesn't take care of the 2 that she already has. And she can carry these babies full term and they come out healthy as can be despite the neglect that she reaks on her body during pregnancy. Me and some of my friends...well we follow the rules and have babies weighing barely more than a pound. Bitter..why yes I am slightly. However, I have tried to convince myself that it happens for a reason. Blah blah blah. Yeah the reason is that Mother Nature has it in for me and likes to taunt me at her every turn.

I must not hit the bride! I must not hit the bride! I figure if I say it enough, I won't do it....will I?????

3 comments:

crazed lunatic said...

nah...you won't hit the bride....but i might, so don't let me near her! ROFLOL!!!

preemiemum said...

Wow - a whole month off, woo hoo, enjoy - not that I'm jealous or anything!!!! What I would give for a whole month off, oh hang on a mo!! I don't work! Still wouldn't mind a whole month off!!

Blake said...

I can understand why you are worked up about this. How do people not know what birth control is? I am one of six kids, and I pray that my future wife and I will be able to have a brood of our own. Hearing about people who are continually knocked up and don't have a clue about the responsibility that is involved really irks me.

I share in your rant.

Blake