Friday, January 13, 2006

She is sick

And that just adds to the fun that is going on in my house these days. Fever came last night, puking came this morning, along with coughing and a runny nose. There is an upside to this though, hard to believe, I know, but there is one. She has been taking her medicine like a champ!! So wonderfully in fact, that I am convinced someone has taken my child and replaced her with a pod person. There has been no arguing, no puking as a result of the medicine, no wrestling to get the shit in her mouth. I tell her it's time to take it, and she tells me she wants to do it on my bed cause that's where it's easiest. Whatever the hell works for you girlie I will do. And she takes it, all of it, with no arguing. I am in awe.

My friends the shingles are still lingering. I am calling them friends now because they have been here for so long that I feel I have gotten to know them. However, they are somewhat like house guests that have over stayed their fucking welcome. I mean really now, it has been 3 weeks, and I am still having issues with them. All of the "lesion" (as my doc calls them, which grosses me way out) have gone. However, they did leave behind a present, cause why wouldn't they? I know itch like crazy everywhere that there was a lesion. Sounds simple. However, when I scratch them, they burn like hell. Or, when I scratch them, I get no relief because the areas that the lesions were in are now numb. So needless to say, there is no relief whatsoever for me. Matt tells me to put some lotion on them. Well hello asshole, I can't reach the spot on my back that they were on so how exactly am I supposed to accomplish that feat. Yes I am flexible, but I am no contortionist.

So what do I do you ask? Well it's simple really. I take vicodin. Cause I have learned that not only does it take away pain, it also takes away itchiness. Well at least I think it does. I may just be so hopped up on the shit that I am thinking it does when it fact it does not.

On top of that, I am having some female issues that I won't be going too much into detail about. But I am assuming that you can figure out what region on my body that pertains to. I will be calling my doctor tomorrow because quite frankly, I am surprised that I have not yet bled to death.

1 comment:

Cath said...

So sorry that you guys are feeling sick Nancy. Hope the shingles decide to leave for good real soon.
Love to Caitlyn