Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It's Tough Being Her

I am not an ideal parent. I have had my share of screw ups with this child. Suffice it to say, that there are some things I have done that surprise me she has lived through them. Like the time that I hit her so hard in the head with my wedding ring that the child actually bled. This was of course on accident.

Not being the ideal parent, sometimes things come out of my mouth around her that really shouldn't. We all remember her favorite word for a while was none other than fuck. So when she is having a "melt down" or throwing a tantrum, I often look at her very unemotionally and say "It really isn't easy being Caitlyn is it." Of course there is a little sarcasm in my voice and I should probably talk to her to see what the problem is. But she always manages to pull this at very inopportune moments...like when I am in line at the grocery store or something.

The other day, she fell or did something else that caused her grief. I go into her bedroom to ask her what is wrong cause I can hear the ever famous I am acting like I am crying sound so that someone, anyone, will come to rescue me. She looks at me and says....

"Sometimes it's not easy to be me right Mommy?"

1 comment:

worry woman said...

Ahhhh, I am so glad to hear that it isn't just me who sometimes laughs at the mishaps in my daughters life. I said once to mine-"It sucks being a kid sometimes huh?" How those words have come back to bite me in the ass. What it usually is now though is "It sucks being six!" I laugh and say-"Oh yeah, wait 'till you are SIXTEEN!-Then it will suck for the both of us!!!!!" She has yet to get this though. But welcome to my nightmare!
Hang tough, if we can get through childbirth-jeeze and you with Caitlyn being a preemie-we can get through ANYTHING right? I keep telling myself that and before I go crazy, I might just start to believe it...I hope.