Sunday, September 18, 2005

Busy Weekend

Seems we never really got a chance to relax all weekend, and I have the messy house and laundry to prove it.
Friday we went to Six Flags Great America. Every year, my brother's complany rents out the park for a private party. It is wonderful because all the lines are a fraction of what they normally are. This is the first time that we brought Caitlyn with us and she had an absolute ball. Of course, I forgot my camera at home, so I didn't get a single picture of her enjoying the hell out of the roller coasters that she was bog enough to go on. They have a roller coaster called "The Whizzer" and this child would have spent the entire night riding this thing if I would have allowed it. Thank goodness she has my genes and loves roller coasters. She was so upset that she couldn't go on the larger ones that went upside down.

Saturday we just ran around most of the day doing errands and such. Matt and I went to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Can I just say holy shit was that a good movie. And I will be haunted by the images of it forever, just like I am of The Exorcist. I hate those movies, but feel compelled to see them...must be the masochist in me.

Today we had our NICU reunion and it was a wonderful day. It is the first that they have had since our "graduation." It was so nice seeing all the doctors and nurses that took care of my wee one. And it was nice seeing them in a setting which didn't entail my begging and pleading for answers LOL. Today I remembered my camera and got some pictures. The best part of the day was that we saw some of the families that were there the same time as us that we have lost touch with. Here's a few snapshots from that. The first pic is a girl that is also a 25 weeker and about a month younger than Cate. The second is a boy that is a 26 weeker and is also about a month younger. Both of these families had a significant impact on ours lives in one way or another so it was wonderful to see them and the little ones again.


1 comment:

Cath said...

Glad Caitlyn had a great time at the park! I'm a big wimp when it comes to roller coasters.
The NICU reunion sounds awful, wish we did something like that.