Monday, October 27, 2008

T Minus 90 Minutes

Until the meeting with the teacher from hell.

Wish me luck. Hopefully she will understand that when it comes to my daughter's well being and education, I am not someone to mess with.

I'm nervous, and I'm not really sure why. I guess it's because I don't really know what I want out of this meeting. I just want her to start treating my daughter with the respect she deserves in school. Caitlyn is now saying that she wishes she wasn't in this classroom. She is hiding books in school that she brings from home so the teacher doesn't see them. She is constantly worried about what I have packed in her lunchbox for snack. She asked me to put an extra pair of panties in her bag in case she has an accident because they didn't get a bathroom break.

My heart just breaks for her. She shouldn't have these worries when it comes to going to school. She should be worried about what she is going to wear and how much homework she is going to get and whether or not she will get to go on the playground equipment at recess. Not this other crap.

Will update when I can.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I hope it went well Nancy -- looking forward to the update.

Colleen said...

I hope things are going ok there...getting nervous for you seeing there hasnt been an update yet!

MMMom said...

I hear crickets round here.


I am looking for a meeting update! Hope it went well & the silence doesn't mean you need bail money. If that is the case, let me know ASAP! LOL

Anonymous said...

very awesome blog some how i found you looking for things on our sons birth defect esophageal atresia. I wish you nothing but the best.