Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An email has been sent

Matt and I have sent an email to the teacher requesting a conference for any day after school next week. We have also sent a copy to the principal. I am thoroughly pissed and disgusted with this teacher. I am near the point of asking that Caitlyn be moved to another 2nd grade classroom and Matt agrees with me. The only thing stopping me from doing that is the fact that Caitlyn enjoys the kids that she has in there and I certainly don't want to do that to her.

I had Caitlyn outline the day and tell me the exact schedule of what they did. At no time in the afternoon did the teacher take them to the bathroom. She also made it clear to the kids that she was not to be disturbed as she was testing other students. My daughter took that literally and thought she wasn't allowed to ask her anything.

Another thing Caitlyn told me she said (and Caitlyn quoted her):

"Don't bring full water bottles. I am sick of you having emergencies, emergencies. Especially when we are working."

News flash bitch....they wouldn't have emergencies, emergencies if you actually carted them to the bathroom as a group once in the morning and once in the afternoon. And who is she to say that school policy of bringing in water is no longer acceptable.

The longer it takes for me to get a meeting with this lady, the longer I have to seethe about this.

2 comments:

Angela said...

This is second grade, right? From the sound of her tirade about pee emergencies, you'd think it was high school. I don't like this teacher one bit...and I agree the longer she waits the more pissed you will be!

Please keep us posted Nancy -- and I am so sorry Caitlyn was in tears over the accident. It happens (and hey it happened to me recently, my bladder ain't what it used to be -- and there's no way I should be made to feel guilty about my emergencies. When you gotta go, you GOTTA GO!)

Sitting here stewing with ya...

Angela

crazed lunatic said...

((hugs)) so sorry to hear about the teacher. hopefully things will improve, whether it be a new attitude for the teacher or a new teacher... hang in there!