Sunday, May 04, 2008

Long Weekend

It's weird looking at your husband knowing that in a few months he will be completely sterile. Very weird. I think it's certainly going to take some time to get used to it.

I stayed home with Matt on Thursday (obviously) and I took Friday off as well. Last week, Matt had said that he was probably going to go golfing on Friday since he had already taken the day off. I told him he was crazy. That there was no way he was going to be able to golf. That he would be far too sore for that. He basically told me that I didn't know what I was talking about. Guess what? He was far too sore to do much of anything on Friday, let alone golf. He even admitted that I was right. I love those moments.

I was able to get a load of work done for school while he was sleeping most of the day and Caitlyn was at school. I have done all the research and written an outline (with the exception of 2 small parts) for the entire project. It isn't due until the 21st, but I wanted to get the bulk of it done because I have 2 other projects due around that same time. So I am trying to stay on top of things here. Now all I have to do is type the information out and administer the test/evaluation that I was critiquing. Both of those things re relatively simple.

That means I can start one of the other projects this week. The one I am planning on starting is just a reflections journal on some observations that I had to do. So it's pretty simple. Which is why I did the test critique first as that one is more difficult.

I also was able to complete my financial aid forms. (Like they're really going to give me any damn money?) I know I won't be getting financial assistance based on our income. But you have to apply for it in order to apply for student loans. Which is how we are going to have to pay for this whole thing. My district does have tuition reimbursement. However, you have to pay up front, complete the class, turn in your grades, and then they will reimburse you. In OCTOBER! They only reimburse in October. That's the craziest thing I have ever heard of. But whatever, I will try to get the loans and then it will be nice treat for me come October when I do get the money back. The shitty thing about it is, we have paid off all of our student loans from undergrad. Long ago we managed to pay them off. And now we will be swimming in them again. Such is life, I suppose it will pay off in the long run.

Here's a funny. I am 5 weeks into the term, and I just got my acceptance letter to the school yesterday. Bizarre.

No new Caitlyn news this weekend. She has another loose tooth. When this one decides to fall out, she will have already lost 6 teeth. Mind you, only 2 of those have grown in. The poor kid has gaping holes all over her damn mouth. Matt and I are going to start saving for the braces now. Cause we know they are in our future. No doubt.

Beginning to plan the birthday party. 7 folks! 7!!! It's weird to me when people ask me how old my daughter is and I have to tell them that she will be 7 next month. It's very strange to hear me say that to other people. Good lord the kid is making her way to double digits quickly.

No comments: