Sunday, December 04, 2005

Weddings

I really love weddings. And I always make sure that I go to the ceremony and not just the reception. Seeing as that really is the most important part of the day. Matt and I attended a wedding on Saturday for one of his assistant coaches. See we had to be there cause Matt has to do the "networking" thing. Here's my beef (besides the fact that I couldn't find anything to wear in my closet that would cover up my ginormous breasts, but that is another post in and of itself)....

My invitation said the ceremony was to start at 5pm. They were getting married in the hall where the reception was to be held. Now the place where this was ocurring was about 45 minutes away from our house. So we left at 3:45 as we needed to stop and buy a card cause I never do that early. We arrive at the hall at about 4:45pm and sit in the car for a few minutes signing the car and writing the check out for the happy couple. We enter the hall at abou 5:53 and find seats. Several people arrive after us, and even more arrive after them.

Now, I can understand a wedding beginning a few minutes after it is supposed to. I can even understand it beginning 15020 minutes after it is supposed to. However, to start a wedding at 6:05pm that was slated to start at 5:00????? Well I'm sorry, but I think that is just fucking ignorant. We were sitting on this little chairs that were all placed to close to each other. So you could hardly move. And everytime you did move, you felt as though the damn chair was going to break under the stress of holding up adult sized asses.

Suffice it to say, by the time the ceremony began, Nancy was a very cranky girl.

Was a nice wedding, but marred by the insanity of the whole hour and 5 minutes late thing.

Now I know why I am never on time for things!

No comments: