Friday, February 08, 2008

The Report Card and DIBELS testing

Long time no post, and I have lots and lots to post, but I figured I would at least get the info about the girl's report card and the results of her DIBELS testing up here.

DIBELS
Phonemic Segmentation Fluency Goal: 35 phon/minute Score: 47 phon.min
Nonsense Word Fluency Goal: 50 sounds/minute Score: 44 sounds/minute
Oral Reading Fluency Goal: 20 words/min Score: 53 words/minute

So the oral reading fluency.....stunning!!!!! More than double what she should be reading right now. To say that I am proud is an understatement.

Her report card was just as brilliant too.
REading B
Listening B
Speaking A (yeah, we all know how well my kid talks)
Math B
Science B
Social Science B
Art A
Music A
PE A
Learning Technology A (basically a computer class)
Spelling A
Handwriting B
Conduct A

Overall, my kid kicks ass in school. And what's even more interesting to me is how is seems to come pretty easy to her. She picks concepts up so quickly and doesn't seem to struggle with a whole lot that's going on. For example, she missed 2 days of school last week because she was sick. So when she came home on MOnday, she had a load of homework to catch up on. There were a bunch of Math sheets in there with concepts that were started, of course, on Thursday. I explained it to her once, and she had it. Did the sheets completely on her own.

Tonight I think she is being treated to Pizza Hut for all of her hard work. (And it prevents me from having to cook a meal, win win situation really>)

1 comment:

crazed lunatic said...

way to go, Caitlyn! :) you must be stinkin' proud!