Sunday, January 13, 2008

She is getting so big

Obviously I mean Caitlyn. And I am not talking about big in the sense of size. I am talking about how much she can now do on her own.

The other night, we had breakfast for dinner. Something we do often because Caitlyn has always loved breakfast foods. And when she was a new eater, and a poor eater, we would feed her loads of breakfast foods knowing that she would at least be eating. Anyway, a couple of days after we had bacon and eggs for dinner, she asked if she could have some waffles for dinner. I told her that was fine, and that I would make them in a few minutes.

That wasn't good enough for Caitlyn.

She told me not to worry about it, that she would do it. I figured what the hell. Let's see how far she gets. She proceeded to get her chair and pull it up to the freezer. Take out the box of waffles and put them on the counter. She pulled out 2 and put them in the toaster. Once she got the toaster started, she asked me if she needed to do anything else with it.

While the waffles were toasting, she went to the refridgerator and took out the juice. Pulled her chair up to another cabinet and took out one of her cups. Pouring the juice was a challenge. And it was even more of a challenge for me not to jump up and interfere, but I was able to restrain myself.

The waffles popped up. She proceeded to take a butter knife out of the drawer. I began to get a bit nervous. But my nervousness turned out to be unfounded. She managed to cut those waffles into strips.

She put everything away (which this is probably what I should be most proud of considering the kid never puts her damn toys away) and brought her plate of waffles, sliced, and cup of juice to the table to eat.

With the BIGGEST smile on her face. I have never seen her more proud.

The only thing that she needed help from me with was the syrup. And I think that was only because she forgot about it. I put some into a dish for her and gave it to her.

I don't think she has ever eaten a meal quicker.....or happier :)

3 comments:

Kari said...

Awwww! She is growing up so fast!

crazed lunatic said...

Awesome, momma! She's definitely a big girl. :)

What the hell happened to the time, anyway? It was just yesterday she was turning four (wasn't it?)....

...any chance she'd make my breakfast for me? ;)

Cath said...

Thats just awesome nancy, no wonder you're proud!