Friday, April 21, 2006

She doesn't want to live here anymore

She hasn't come right out and said it. But the girl has been at my mom's house 5 out of the 7 last nights. What is wrong with that picture? I suppose I could say yeeeeehaw that Matt and I are getting as much alone time as we are, nto to mention the fact that I have watched some TV shows uninterrupted. But it's getting a little crazy now when I say we are going home and she cries and cries that she wants yet another sleepover.

I am thinking it has something to do with the fact that Kelly lives there now and they spend all day outside playing together in the beautiful weather that we are having. When you weigh that against coming to her own house where the closest person to her age is her parents, it doesn't seem so strange.

Where can I go and have a sleepover and cry when it comes to coming home?

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hey Nancy why dont you come to my house for a sleepover. But only if you have a huge meltdown will I let you sleep over!

I know Caitlyn loves you!

worry woman said...

Aww. I am sorry for you. She will come around!
Is it just me being my selfish self when I say that I am getting a tad bit PISSED that these "little" girls of ours are getting so big so fast? Do you think WE did this to our mothers? NOOOOOO! Not us.
I am crying with you Nancy...
I could be a smart ass and say well you can stop saving for her college now if she wants to live somewhere else right? But I would be kidding you know...SHE COULDN'T FUNCTION WITHOUT HER MOMMY!!! She might say that but the minute a crisis pops up you are the first one she is going to want!! So it will all be okay and I will shut the hell up now...

Cath said...

Awww hugs hun. Like you say, she probably just wants to be with her friend!