Monday, September 06, 2010

Well....

So much for me be better at blogging more huh? I would love to find something to blame it on, but alas, there is no excuse. Other than I just haven't felt like blogging much anymore. Not sure why that is? I still read most of the blogs in my sidebar and a few others that I have found along the way. And every time I read someone's blog, I think, "I really need to post something on mine." I open up my blog, click on new post,....and nothing happens. I tell myself I will do it later, and then the same thing happens a couple of days later. Not sure what that is all about. So here is a little bit of an update if there is anyone that still reads this thing.

Caitlyn....
She is, in a word, amazing! At 9 years old (yikes!!) she is funny and smart and caring and any other positive adjective you can think of to describe a 9 year old. She had an exciting summer that consisted of going on vacation to the lake, going to Great America, swimming in my mom's pool, playing out front, sleeping in, hanging out with friends, playing softball, and just all around really enjoying summer. She goes back to school on Tuesday and is crazy excited! She has met her teacher and likes her (and tells me that I will too!). It scares me a little that she knows I have a tendency to be a little hard on her teachers. We went to the doctor last month for her annual checkup and she weighed in at 60 pounds and is 4'7". I can't believe how big she is now. She hasn't gotten much taller this year, but I am waiting for the growth spurt that happens every October. She is waiting so very patiently for 4'9" to come so that she can get out of her booster seat in the car.

Matt....
Football season is in full swing again. I love watching how excited he gets about practices, games, cutting up film, scouting other games, etc. It's amazing how much he truly loves what he does!

Nancy....
I finally finished school and officially have my Master's now! Thank God! Besides earning a new degree out of the program, I was offered an adjunct position to teach at the university as well. Which is fan-freaking-tastic! I would love to teach at the college level full time and this is my foot in the door. The position will also allow me to acquire my doctorate for free...should I choose to do so. I am not sure if that is in the near future, but I do think it is something that I will seriously begin to consider in the next year.

Cats....
We have a new addition in the Walsh household....by the name of Friday. Friday is one of the cutest little maine coon kitties I have ever seen in my life. She joined our family in June on the last day of school as a gift for Caitlyn. She has been wanting a cat of her own for some time now and Matt and I finally decided to give in to her. Marten isn't so sure about her, even after 2 months. But he is tolerating her even though he is now a crotchety old man.

No comments: